From Study Abroad Student to Entrepreneur (Interview with Latasha Moore, Tasha Teaches Spanish)
Latasha Moore went from waiting anxiously to finding out if she qualified for a study abroad program to applying for her first bilingual job, and finally starting her own business.
Tasha obtained a BA in Spanish from Arkansas State University. After graduation she lived in Spain where she worked as an English teacher assistant. Upon returning to the US, she worked a series of jobs that involved using the Spanish language. She most recently worked as the Health Program Coordinator for El Zócalo Immigrant Resource Center and the Little Rock Mexican Consulate.
In our conversation, we talk about:
- What qualifications you really need to work abroad (*spoiler alert: you DON'T need to pass any difficult exams to do it)
- How cultural immersion helped her grow in her ability to speak Spanish
- How she maintained her Spanish proficiency after returning to the United States after living and working abroad
- The benefits of learning Spanish from a non-native speaker
- Episode 107: El Día de mi suerte
- Tasha Teaches Spanish
- The Big Pitch Program
- North American Language and Culture Assistants Program (NALCAP)
- Canva (online software for creating graphics and images)
Learn Spanish the Way It's Really Spoken!
Get your nose out of textbooks and start speaking Spanish!
Join 2,802 other aspiring bilinguals that are learning to speak Spanish with real people.
We'll send our best advice and resources for how to learn conversational Spanish, PLUS giveaways of the best resources for learning Spanish directly to your inbox.